Not been following this, but given that JSON supports arbitrary precision
*numbers* (that JS cannot decode), not just integers, my hunch is that we
could/should explore this option too!

Python seems to do pretty well (right?) with integers being bignum (and,
aside, all strings being Unicode, magically stored in one of several
representations depending on content), can we do better in JS with all
numbers being arbitrary precision? Or is it simply too much for optimizers
to do well with?

Alex