However there exists perfectly good solutions inside of JS with Object.seal
& Object.freeze.

Actually these solutions are very bad for immutable data structures,
because creating deep copy of object on every modification cause very
significant overhead. This overhead can be significant even in optimized
Haskell implementations (link
<https://wiki.haskell.org/GHC/Memory_Management>) and for imperative
languages it's even worser.

Immutable.js use many of tricks to avoid deep copying.