inline

> WeakReferences,
-1 footgun most web-devs have no idea how to use correctly (including me)

> OGG manipulation,
-0.5 slightly prefer it as an npm module

> MPEG manipulation,
-0.5 slightly prefer it as an npm module

> builtin support for Kerberos,
impartial

> Bzip2 bindings,
-1 use nodejs child_process system calls to bzip2.  i don’t see any common
use-case for bzip2 other than file-to-file operations which can be accomplished
with shell-scripting.

> Zlib bindings,
already a nodejs builtin

> configurable random number generation,
-1 Math.random is good-enough for most use-cases.  for the normal-distribution
use-case, its easy enough to write your own transform with sine/cosine.

> OpenSSL bindings,
already a nodejs builtin

> simple hashing,
+1 would be nice to have

> drivers for databases,
+1 a STABLE nodejs sqlite3 builtin is sorely needed for embedded systems
(instead of the flaky npm module), but need to nag nodejs folks, not tc39

> ImageMagick bindings,
-1 use nodejs child_process system calls to imagemagick.  i'm skeptical builtin
bindings would be significantly more efficient enough to be worth the effort.

> arbitrary precision math,
-0.5 generally against due to it confusing people with 2 different numeric
types, though i slightly sympathize with accounting/finance use-cases for
decimal arithmetic.

> statistics support,
+1 would be useful

> GPG support,
impartial

> PostScript support,
-1 use nodejs child_process system calls, as bindings would not be
significantly more efficient.

> Judy Arrays,
-1 too esoteric and confusing to understand what the use-cases are for most
web-devs

> neural networks,
-1 slightly too big a scope, and more the domain of wasm

> Lua integration,
Impartial

> FTP support,
-0.5 i don’t see much use-case for an ftp-client but i may be wrong

> XML support,
impartial

> 9 data structures,
-1 javascript is a high-level language with a builtin feature-set targeted for
expressing high-level concepts like ajax, file-uploads, event-handling,
dom-manipulations, programmable forward/reverse proxies, etc.  its NOT a
low-level language for creating esoteric data-structures and algorithms in
academia that have little relevance to web-development.

> recursive iterators
javascript already has recursive closures that i frequently use like recursive
iterators