I think this proposal has the risk of swallowing too many errors making
code hard to debug and would therefore suggest this shouldn’t be added to
the language. Silent errors are hard to find the origin and cause for
especially if you throw away the error message.

This might be slightly off topic but, I think we should instead wait for
proper pattern matching and include a Result type similar to Scala Option
or Haskell Either that is falsy in the Left error case (containing the
error message) and truthy otherwise.