I'm not really familiar with ASI but they key factor mentioned in this
discussion is this (by Claude Pache):

*A implicit semicolon is not added when a declaration would be complete,
but when the next token would produce a syntax error. *

By this behaviour (a modification to the initial "complete statement
produces comma" version of this proposal), everything would work perfectly,
no?

The multi-line get would not produce a comma, and hence the scheme is
backwards compatible, right?

Please provide a counter-example if I have missed something.

As for the benefit, the time savings in not having to debug accidentally
omitted commas and not having to add them in the first place are, I think,
an improvement. And of course those who want to continue using commas
everywhere, can:

```js
function doStuff(
){
}
```

```
const
   x = 5
   y = 6
   z = 7
```

Great to hear those counter-examples as I don't know enough about ASI, and
the related subject, to picture the pitfalls (sorry for my ignorance on
this). Also it would be good for reference on this proposal...