> This sentence ends abruptly.  What would this proposal improve?

Oops, I accidentally pressed Send...
So, it would improve functional programming in general, the examples are in
the README.

> Is this lambdas with De Bruijn indices?

Hmm, I haven't heard of them yet, but by looking at the surface, they seems
to be similar.

> You have ?? and ??? for referring to outer layers.  Is there no ambiguity
there?

That's a very good point! I haven't thought of that. I can't think of a
solution, the lookahead is indeed very bad. I opened an issue
<https://github.com/trustedtomato/proposal-partial-expression/issues/4>. I
think the notation (for accessing arguments from outer layers) will have to
be changed / removed.

Thanks for the feedback! :)