Hi,

My understanding is that cloning a WeakSet into a Set would remove all its
properties related to security and garbage collection.

The properties related to security and garbage collection of WeakSet are
based on the fact that its elements are not enumerable by someone who would
only be holding a reference to the WeakSet. If you want to "clone" a
WeakSet into a Set it means you have an expectation that the set of
elements are deterministically enumerable.

WeakSets and Sets, despite there close name and API, are used in different
circumstances.

David