I would use `Array.from`:

```
str = "a_\uD83D\uDE80_b"
Array.from(str).reverse().join('')
```

But I also upvote the idea of having a reverse method in strings :)

If `reverse` might cause some retrocompatibility problem (although I don't
think it requires params, what would pretty much avoid different
implementations as the method itself is very straight forwards), we could
go for `reverseText` or `reverseContent`.

.o/

[ ]s

*--*

*Felipe N. Moura*
Web Developer, Google Developer Expert
<https://developers.google.com/experts/people/felipe-moura>, Founder of
BrazilJS <https://braziljs.org/> and Nasc <http://nasc.io/>.

Website:  http://felipenmoura.com / http://nasc.io/
Twitter:    @felipenmoura <http://twitter.com/felipenmoura>
Facebook: http://fb.com/felipenmoura
LinkedIn: http://goo.gl/qGmq
*Changing  the  world*  is the least I expect from  myself!