Bit of a silly one, but begging the list's indulgence:

I routinely explain various JavaScript topics to learners, including arrow
functions, method syntax, etc. When I want to contrast "arrow function"
(for instance) with functions defined with `function`, it trips me up, and
often I end up saying/writing something awful like "`function` function".
I've considered using "normal function" instead, but arrow functions are
normal in today's world, as are functions defined with method syntax
(although I'd usually call them methods), so it's...unsatisfying.

But `function` function is just so clumsy. And a pedant (none of those
here, surely!) could argue the definition (are generators `function`
functions? they're defined with `function` [when you're not using generator
method syntax], it just has a `*` after it).

I've also considered "old-style function," but `function` functions still
have a place in today's JavaScript, just not as prominent a place as they
used to.

A recent post to the list used "conventional function," but it may well
have the same problems "normal function" does.

My goal is to be clear, and *reasonably* accurate, without being overly
pedantic.

Any ideas? Should I just stop worrying and learn to love "normal function"?
Is there a better term?

Thanks in advance, folks.

-- T.J. Crowder