I don't like the fact the only way to sort is in-place with Array#sort and I
can't be the first to feel this way or wonder why there isn't a built-in
solution.

Obviously, searching "javascript array.sort" doesn't produce any helpful
results to see if someone has suggested this before since all the results
relate to Array#sort.

I'm considering creating a proposal to add an Array.sort() method that takes an
array and returns a new array. It seems like such a simple addition that would
remove the need to import lodash, write a helper function or use a slightly
less clear and possibly slower technique like `[...arr].sort()`.