You're seriously underestimating how smart IDEs are or can be.

Some IDEs are already suggesting the entire import statement when a symbol
is used, based on what's in other modules, package.json, etc.
There's no reason why an IDE can't auto-suggest the import name based on
undefined symbols in the file, among other things.
There's also no compelling reason why you can't type `import {} from
"module";`, then go back and fill in the symbol name inside the `{}`.
You could use a snippet manager to make this semi-painless, defining the
snippet as something like `import {$2} from "$1";`.

Bob