I've got a proposal that kind of attacks this from a different angle:

- https://github.com/isiahmeadows/lifted-pipeline-strawman

It targets streams, but it can also work with iterables/iterators. In
fact, combining functionality that could be exposed to streams and
iterators identically was one of the driving reasons I formulated the
proposal how it is.

-----

Isiah Meadows
m...@isiahmeadows.com