Well, if we really want to delve into linguistics, it's more the opposite of
what you're describing: Tons of languages have grammatical features that make
English one of the most nondescriptive and ambiguous languages out there:
Grammatical cases and gender, a wider variety of tenses, moods, grammatical
numbers far beyond just singular and plural…

Anyway, back to the point: ES is a language where primarily due to browsers,
you are often constrained to a certain syntax. It's hence often preferable if
certain features can be introduced without introducing new syntax, or else
you're forcing transpilers upon developers*, or you're breaking websites whose
developers didn't even realize that older browsers can't parse the syntax for
feature X. It might take years before you can safely assume that the majority
of browsers supports X.

Therefore, while we do appreciate all kinds of ideas, at the very least you
should explain why the current way to achieve the very same thing is inferior
to your proposed solution and how introducing a new syntax might be
justifiable.

* If the feature can even be transpiled. For lack of a better example: You can
not really transpile ES2015's `Proxy` to ES5 in a reasonable way.