CSP with data URIs is possible via nonce sources.  For data: module
descriptors browsers could safely skip the CSP check since it doesn't allow
XSS unless one can already specify an import statement which typically
means one can specify arbitrary JS.  That argument doesn't extend to the
import operator though so you'd have to tolerate assymetry there.