Let me compound on that: Kotlin has a `!in` for "not in collection" and
`!is` for "not an instance of". I've been using that language quite a bit
lately out of necessity (better than Java, and all the other alternatives
suck in some way), and those two operators just feel *wrong* to type. It's
to the point I'm sometimes coding my way *out* of writing them. (No other
feature uses this symbol except for literal logical negation.)

Oh, and as I mentioned before, `key in object` checks the prototype chain,
which in my experience is not the thing you usually want to do.

So I agree this is a Really Bad Idea™, for this above if not the Kotlin
reference.