That's all fine and dandy until you're dealing with a project that has a
"no globals" mandate. The problem that I'd want to be able to solve is one
of gaining and losing control during a single function's execution.
For example: say function A is privileged, but function B is not. Function
A calls function B with some data that B should only partially be able to
access. Right now, that's hardly possible. There's no way for the data
being passed to know if it is ok for B to use those functions or
properties. If it was possible for the data methods to peek at the stack
and recognize that the current function isn't privileged, then the problem
is solved.

I know class-fields will make this a little easier, but it doesn't
solve the problem, especially when there's a "no constructors" mandate.