...strike that, I misread the "but that still waits for the async
functions to complete" part. So what you're proposing is that
everything functions normally inside the curly braces, but execution
doesn't continue until all promises have resolved? So your example
would work essentially like this:

```javascript
const x = doSomethingAsync();
const y = doSomethingElseAsync();
await x, await y;
// all promises are resolved by now, but
// still need to use await to unbox the values
someFunction(await x, await y);
```