At the cost of adding more code, but giving more power, perhaps what we
want is something akin to Kotlin's `it` keyword:
https://kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/lambdas.html?_ga=2.238822404.500195435.1575368476-1345353619.1575368476#it-implicit-name-of-a-single-parameter

*it: implicit name of a single parameter*
*It's very common that a lambda expression has only one parameter.*
*If the compiler can figure the signature out itself, it is allowed not to
declare the only parameter and omit ->. The parameter will be implicitly
declared under the name it:*
ints.filter { it > 0 } // this literal is of type '(it: Int) -> Boolean'

What we'd want is something concise and non-ambiguous to fulfill the same
role; something that cannot currently be a valid identifier, maybe. This is
the point where I start scanning the keyboard for underutilised symbols...
I'm thinking the hash symbol would work. To re-use the original example:

```js
const activeProducts = products.filter(#.active);
const productNames = products.map(#.name);
const sortedProducts = _.sortBy(products, #.name);
const { true: activeProducts, false: inactiveProducts } =
_.groupBy(products, #.active);
```

It makes intuitive sense in 2 ways, I think; # makes you think of the
object hash you're extracting a property from, and also is familiar as
something's id from CSS selectors.

We could also extend it to represent multiple parameters: # is also aliased
as #0, the 2nd parameter is #1, etc.

Further, dynamic properties would work too: `const fooProducts =
products.filter(#[foo]);
Dammit babies, you've got to be kind.