>  And yes, I've used SQLite wasm version too ... as a matter of fact, it's
going to be a great lazy-loaded thing for my next project, 'cause it's 1MB
overhead, so not something to really promote in the wild, imho 😅

sqlite's homepage claims: "our best guess is that SQLite is the second
mostly widely deployed software library, after libz" [1].  whether true or
not, i think we can agree its an ubiquitous (and hopefully well-understood)
piece of software library.

i know its not a tc39 thing, but perhaps some of its members who are also
implementers would consider making wasm-sqlite3 a 3rd-party browser
"builtin" (like libz/ffmpeg/libpng, but as sandboxed-wasm exposed to
userland) to improve its loading-performance.

-kai

[1] Most Widely Deployed and Used Database Engine
https://www.sqlite.org/mostdeployed.html