One of the common refactorings I do is:

let file1 = await readFile(filename1)
let file2 = await readFile(filename2)
let [file1, file2] = await Promise.all([
  readFile(filename1),
  readFile(filename2),
])

I would be very confused if refactoring it in this way made my code break
because of some implicit behavior around `await` specifically.

I have seen some APIs that switch to promises when a callback argument is
not provided. Is this not a sufficient solution?