FWIW explicit eviction is not only fine, if you own the code that does
that, but the only way I can code cover 100% all the branches of my
libraries. The issue here is the untrusted Web, where I'd never expect any
3rd parts library to evict a module I am using within my code ... like ...
ever.

Accordingly, I think Allen, if it was Allen, made the right call for ESM.