> Another thought: does ES4 provide enough introspection capability to
> write proxy objects that wrap an immutable class instance?  It seems  as
> though it should be possible to create a single class (with *
> getter/setter functions) that can wrap any object, emulate its  interface
> and provide AOP advice capabilities.  If this is indeed  possible, would
> that prove useful for the situations Kris is  concerned about?

That is good question. It wouldn't truly solve the problem. When you call
dojo.connect to request that your method add advice/a listener, the caller
doesn't expect that it is going to be told that it should no longer use the
original class instance, but rather a proxy. But this could still mitigate
the problem. At least users could proxy class instances such that they are
advisable in the same way their ol' dynamic ES3 objects were.
I don't know if their is sufficient introspection capability though, I would
love to know if that is possible.
Thanks,
Kris