John,
Just to be clear, I haven't seen your proposal and this is the first time I've
seen explicit mention that you were actually going to make a proposal for the
addition of Object.extend to 3.1.  I thought that we were generally discussing
how Object.extent related to the Object meta functions that are already in the
3.1 draft. Now, it may just be that I somehow missed the proposal when it came
by, or that the intent was implicit in some of your or Brendan's posts.  Either
way, it just wasn't obvious.  Regardless, certainly feel free to make the
proposal.  Ideally, for inclusion in the 3.1 spec. it should follow the 3.1
specification methodology.

Allen