On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 2:47 PM, Stephen Eglen <sj...@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>> The docker container should start an ssh server.
> Hi, that's the bit I need help with...i.e. what's the docker command to
> do that, e.g. for rocker/hadleyverse image?
1. Grab a docker file for setting up ssh on debian, e.g.,
2. Change the first line of the Docker file to "FROM rocker/tidyverse".
Optionally make any other desired changes e.g., to set a different
root password, or to set up a non-root user/password.
3. Build the docker image with "docker built -t rocker/ssh" (you can
give it any tag you want)
4. Run your newly built ssh service: "docker run -d -P --name
5. Find the ssh port: "docker port rocker_ssh" (you want the number to
the right of the last colon).
6. Connect from Emacs using tramp (the root password is "root" unless
you changed it in the Dockerfile) and run M-x R (as described in
ESSfirstname.lastname@example.org mailing list