ESS works pretty much identically in the terminal as it does in the window
system. What exactly do you mean when you say you can't 'send' code to the
R process? Is this from a file that ESS recognizes as something that might
have R code in it (e.g., a file with .R, .Rnw, .Rmd subscripts)?

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Stephen Sefick <ssef...@auburn.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am using ESS in emacs 24.5, and I would like to use ESS functionality
> when I start emacs with the no window option (i.e., emacs -nw). I have
> found that I can not "send" code to the R process when started in this way.
> I am sorry if this is not relevant, or if I do do not know the proper
> search term to type into google. Thank you for all of the help.
>
> kindest regards,
>

> Stephen

James W. MacDonald, M.S.
Biostatistician