> Le 4 mai 2017 à 22:49, Paul Johnson <pauljoh...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Please raise your hand if you have EVER used # to document R code in
> the way mentioned on the LISP coding standards page.

I do, all the time ever since I (more or less by accident) discovered the
functionality. Actually, all the code I distribute to my students is commented
this way; see e.g.

https://github.com/vigou3/introduction-programmation-r/blob/master/bases.R

It should be noted that this commenting style also works in LaTeX mode
(granted, a single % somewhere on the right being less useful with text). For
me, it just makes more sense that the higher the number of comment markers, the
stronger the emphasis (or vice versa).

Call me an old timer ;-), but I would vote against a change to the *default*
behaviour. I see this commenting style as pure Emacsism and would expect any
programming mode (Markdown excepted for obvious reasons) to respect it by
default. Furthermore, I think ESS does not have to play catch up or to adapt to
RStudio.

Now, that said, I'm all in favour to have an easy to toggle ESS option to
change Emacs/lisp commenting style to Markdown style (since that's what we're
talking about) if someone wants to provide the patch.

v.