On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 05:49:14PM +0000, Sparapani, Rodney wrote:
> Hi Ross:
> But, I am not seeing the warnings that you have and I don't know
> why you are having those.  Did you do a make clean?

Not on the original.  But the second try (shown in the bz2
file  attached to my earlier message) was a fresh clone, and so I
don't think make clean would be necessary.

However, my .emacs file loads ESS, which seems undesirable during the
build script (although all the invocations during the script seem to
have -no-init-file).  So I renamed it and tried again in the cloned ESS3.
Results attached.  Lots of warnings, but again it seems to get through
the ess-sas stuff that was a problem, only to fail with
ess-r-xref.el:32:1:Error: Cannot open load file: no such file or
directory, xref

BTW, the machine has no SAS on it.