Hi,

I have ess-pdf-viewer-pref set to "emacsclient". This used to have the effect of opening pdfs in Emacs. It doesn't work anymore, and pdfs opened from ESS (e.g. vignettes) are now opened in the default pdf program for my OS (which is Evince on my machine).

Searching the code, the varaible `ess-pdf-viewer-pref` no longer exists, except for a few mentions in the changelog. None of the mentions indicate it has been deprecated. I didn't find any reference to pdfs in the manual either.

What is the current way to configure which programs are used to open pdfs from ESS?

Best,

Tyler

--
Tyler Smith