Well, I guess that would work too, but I was thinking of a different
arrangement.

I have the "real" output values stored in scattered memory locations (in an
object graph related to their functions; not structured like the domain memory
at all) and then the cyclic task uses EC_WRITE_* to copy the individual values
from the objects to the domain memory.

It's not really any different from having a secondary cache that can be
memcpy'd, I guess, but it "feels" like less copying.  (Well, I suppose
technically it might be slightly slower when doing the actual copy, but
conversely it'd be faster at doing the calculations, so I think that's a wash.)

OTOH I'm not controlling precision motors, so calculation latency probably
doesn't bother me as much as it does some others. :)