Hello Ezio,

Are you really sure, you use the master under lxrt with realtime capabilities.

There is no lxrt or rtdm interface for the master until now.

Greatings

Andreas

Am 28.01.2011 09:19, schrieb Ezio DelBono:
Hello all,
I am using the ethercat master version 1.5 to control some brushless motor drives with Dc support. What my application does, is to read every 1ms the actual position (0x6064) and send the target velocity (0x60ff) to the drive and read the status word and write the control word as well.

My application is executed by RTAI-Lxrt in user space with a period of 1ms and a jitter of 200us (due to the character device). I am quite sure that the dc is running well because I monitor the SYNC0 generated by the first slave that is the reference clock.

Anyway I haven't understood how I have to configure the 'shift time' in my application because the problem is: Sometime (every 2-3 seconds) the actual position is not refreshed meaning that I read the same actual position in the next cycle. This occurs when my application period has the worst jitter. How can I set the shift time to compensate it? Or this is not the right solution?

Kind regard,
Ezio DelBono

Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Stewering-Bone           Amtsgericht Essen HRB 11500
Ingenieurgemeinschaft IgH                   USt-Id.-Nr.: DE 174 626 722
Gesellschaft für Ingenieurleistungen mbH    Geschäftsführung:
Heinz-Bäcker-Str. 34                        Dr.-Ing. S. Rotthäuser
D-45356 Essen                               Dr.-Ing. T. Finke
Tel.: +49 201 / 360-14-15                   Dr.-Ing. W. Hagemeister
Fax.: +49 201 / 360-14-14                   Tel.: +49 201 / 360-14-0
andreas.stewering-b...@igh-essen.com        http://www.igh-essen.com