On 18/02/2011 02:40, Newell Jensen wrote:
From what I have found its advisable to do this in another PC due to the load that wireshark would place on the Master PC. That is, I found that my Master's performance is heavily dependent on hardware and system load. Maybe others have found something else out though.

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 5:23 PM, Younghyun JO <idioteque.jo <http://idioteque.jo>@gmail.com <http://gmail.com>> wrote:

    Isn`t it possible to do the wireshark sniffing in the master PC?

So if I'm right, there are only two possibilities to sniff ethercat:

1) trought a HUB (ethercat compliant)
2) run wireshark on the master

this scenario is not so nice ...
I immagine to be in the situation to solve a trouble when I'm in my customer's factory, I'll not have for shure my HUB with me, even more, if my master can't run a graphic interface I can't run wireshark on the master PC.
Is there any another solution ?