Dear Etherlab users,

I'm using the IgH EtherCAT-Master for Linux of the day to develop my own
EtherCAT master application which will communicate with my own EtherCAT
slaves modules.

I'm using the VoE protocol to exchange some special data with some
slaves.

I've the following use case:
The master application has created a VoE handler through the function
"ecrt_slave_config_create_voe_handler". I can with this handler exchange
data between my master application and the related slave. So far, so
good. In the case, for example, the slave doesn't send a response in a
delay of 500ms, the master application get an request error resulting
from the function "ecrt_voe_handler_execute". I'd like, in this case, to
continue to exchange some data trough the same VoE handler. But in the
case of a next read or write request, I always get back an error on the
next call to the "ecrt_voe_handler_execute" function.

Is it possible to reuse the same VoE handler once an error has occured?
Is there something special to do to reset this handler?

Many thanks in advance for your answers

Best regards

Laurent Joye
SW Developer