Hi,

I am currently using a Beckhoff EL2502 PWM output card with the Etherlab 1.5.2
master using the generic ethernet driver. On startup, I am trying to set a PDO
assignment SDO register using ecrt_master_sdo_download() and am getting an
error back “Failed to execute SDO download: Protocol not supported”.

I am not able to set a PDO assignment SDO registers using the
ecrt_slave_config_sdoX() calls…which from my reading of other mailing list
posts is only used for configuration registers.

In turn, I was able to use the Ethercat Etherlab tool and change the PDO
mapping so I assumed it is available from the application interface since they
use the same calls (ioctl interface)

Beckhoff changed the firmware on the card and I’m trying to reassign the PDO’s
to the old mappings… this isn’t the first time I’ve run into this problem so
I'm looking for a solution for all cards that would have this problem. Ideally,
id like to do it through the application interface and avoid running a script
on startup that uses the tool.

Has anyone has success with doing this type of transaction?