Wine is not a good program to use for emulating windows drivers.
Any stallite solution optimally would connect to a computer via a network card, as in
the case of external DSL modems, cable modems, t-1 lines, etc.  The external unit
translates 10baseT to whatever informational units the technology works on.

I use wine, and thing its great.  As an NT administrator I have windows running on my
servers.  However there's nothing stopping me from using Linux on my workstation.  I
use a remote administration program called Remote Administrator.  It is a windows
program that works very well, and is very affordable ($35/2 computers).  Remote
Administrator works pretty well under wine.  This allows me to administer my servers
from my linux laptop wether I am in the building or not.  As Mike says, "it's too
sweet!"  ;)

Running wine to run notepad.exe isn't really worth anyone's time.  However wine is
great for programs that need to be run.  For a satellite solution that has a specific
proprietary hardware device that goes inside a computer, there are three options: have
the company write a linux driver, wait for someone else to write one (which will
happen IF enough of them use Satellite.  probably not too common), or write one
yourself.

Make sure to find out how it works before signing up.  Talk with their tech support
people.

Cory