The DLink webcam is on a Windoze box now but I don't have a use
for it there.  I'm hoping the USB stuff and camera will work on
the Linux box.  The kernel is 2.2.16.

CamStream looks like it's generic enough to work with DLink.
Any other ideas?
Maybe I can bring it to a Thursday meeting.  (not this one
though)

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 11/29/2000 2:32:26 PM >>>
The real question is, where is the webcam?  Hooked to the linux
box?
Hooked to a windows box?  Etc?

Linux: try freshmeat, search for webcam. Lots of software...
Windows: try homewatcher (free/share) or pjwebcam (free)
I've got homewatcher ftping stuff to an apache/linux box just
fine.
Mostly cause I haven't set up the webcam under linux yet (no usb
on the
linux box where I want the webcam)

Seth

Bob Crandell wrote:

> I don't mean to change this fascinating subject (yawn) but I
have
> a how-do-I.
> I want to setup a web cam and broadcast pictures from Apache.
> So, how do I and what do I need, besides an interesting
subject?