Hello!
We have done some work for Balzhiser & Hubbard Engineers in the
past.  It's nice to see Linux spreading in the mainstream.
EUGLUG meets every 3rd Saturday of the month at our office from 2
to 4 PM.  We have a 10 computer classroom to hold this in with a
few extra folding chairs.
Currently, we teach almost anything that runs in Windows.  My
goal is to include almost anything that runs under Gnome and
KDE.
Mike should be back to you shortly with scheduling information.

Bob Crandell
ComSource Associates, Inc.
Your IT Department
747 Willamette St.
Eugene, Oregon 97401
www.comsourceinc.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice:  541-345-0408
FAX:  541-345-0876

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/1/2000 11:47:16 AM >>>
Hello!
        Yesterday's meeting was my first UG meeting since moving
to the
West coast and it was nice to see so many people interested in
Open Source
Unix alternatives.  After speaking to many of you, it seemed
that there
has yet to be much experience using BSD.  There did seem to be
some
interest, though.  I am the sys admin at Balzhiser & Hubbard
Engineers in
Eugene.  I have worked with both OpenBSD and FreeBSD and would
like to
share my experiences and humble knowledge with the EUGLUG in the
form of
an install demo and Q&A session or something like that if there
is an
interest.  I would probably do a FreeBSD installation and then
some
configuration since it is a little more user friendly.  Then
perhaps
compile a kernel or something...
        I would bring my own machine (Monitor also if needed) and
maybe
some extra folding chairs since there seemed to be a shortage ;)
 I'm not
sure how you guys normally set this kind of thing up, or what
your
schedule is ussually like, but I would like to talk to someone
about
it.  Ideas and statements of interest would be welcome.

Excelsior!

        Tim Howe