The problem with these machines is they are SCSI.  When you add an IDE drive, it boots
from there.  You have not choice.
The IDE can't be smaller than 4 gig because I need to drive copy Windows from the SCSI
to the IDE before Linux is installed on the SCSI.

If it weren't for Windows ...

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 05:45:13PM -0700, Cory Petkovsek wrote:
> Anyone need practice installing linux?
>
> We'll have a cram-install fest, setting up a bunch of machines at once probably a
>week before the show.  If not, I'm fine doing it myself.  But if someone would like
>the practice, let me know.

I find some joy in installing open source OSes.  When and where?

> > Now.  I'm having trouble finding 4 to 6 gig drives for these dual boot machines.
>(They just don't make 'em that small anymore)

I got a new (er, unused, it had 1996 as the build date) 1.2G from Stan a
couple months back for a pretty fair price.  Did you check the Goodwill
on Coburg Rd.  They have a fair selection of /junk/.  a 1G /usr should
hold more than enough software ... do you really need 4-6G?  To me, one
of the cooler aspects of linux is that it will run, and run well,
on /junk/.  I recently installed Debian unstable with ReiserFS on a
486dx laptop.  It fsckin' rocks, and is actually quite stable.  It even
built it's own 2.4.3 kernel :)

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>