Justin,

    You can run netcfg (in X) that will let you set up hosts, names,
routing, etc.  This utility modifies the files in /etc/sysconfig/,
namely network and other files in network-scripts/, so you could modify
them by hand too.

    I don't believe red carpet comes with redhat, at least not with 7.1.
 You might want to check the RedHat/RPMS/ directory on the CD's and see
if the package is there.  Otherwise download from ximian.

Kahli