Tim,

Other similar tricks--

--With win4lin running, one of the x sessions can be a win98 session--So
then you Ctrl + Alt + F9 and you're running windows fullscreen.

--You launch vncserver using display :1.  Then connect to it fullscreen
with vncviewer, locally or from anywhere.  Your session stays up until the
server reboots (might be a long time).

--Mr O has the nicest hardware-based system for sharing one keyboard and
mouse with more than one box.  A software-based solution to the same
problem is x2x (for 2 linux boxen) or win2vnc (2 win boxes, or linux & win).

Ralph