The November issue of "Linux Format" (page 8, "Prestigious award for GNOME
accessibility") has a note on accessibility as implemented in GNOME.

Specifically it mentions "Gnopernicus", an extension to the GNOME2 desktop
for blind or visually impared users, and the "GNOME Onscreen Keyboard" (GOK)
which provides an input method for users with limited voluntary movement.

The "GNOME Human Interface Guide" for developers can be found here:

http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/1.0/intro.html