Sid is always unstable.
---
FYI, here's a graph posted to debian-users showing how the debian releases
are organized.

 sid-------------------------------------------
          \                 \
           \                 \
            \                 === etch ========
             \
              \
               == sarge ======·····| 3.1 ******

 woody ========···| 3.0 ***********|###########
                  |                |
                  |                |
 2.2 potato ******|################| [moved of to archive.debian.org]
                  |                |

where "-" == unstable    "|" == release of a new stable
      "=" == testing     "%" == release of woody as 3.0
      "*" == stable      "$" == release of sarge as 3.1
      "#" == oldstable   "\" == branching of of a new testing release; older
                                testing (···) slowly frozen to stability

This should hopefully illustrate how sid will remain unstable, while all
other distributions start as new testings branched from unstable and later
move on to become stable and finally oldstable.