On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Kent Loobey wrote:

> The Register-Guard had an editorial this morning on the "Total Information
> Awareness Project".  After reading it I was curious about what the IAO logo
> looked like.  So, if you are interested too then here is a link.
>
> http://www.darpa.mil/iao/

I've been trying to follow details of John Poindexter's recent return to
public service.  I thought it was really interesting that they sort of
snuck him in the back door last April on the same day 'Officials' were
announcing a "hightened alert" for some manner of domestic security.  So
it was barely mentioned in most papers and news outlets.

Here are his remarks in a DARPA briefing last August:
http://www.fas.org/irp/agency/dod/poindexter.html

This has most information on the IAO motives, plans, and principal
managers that I know of.

-po