I guess you cant install via FTP, you have to do it via NFS. I couldnt fnd a
nice howto to  help you... but I did find this:
(this is during setup after you've booted the cd, logged in, and typed setup)

4.3 The SOURCE option:

The next menu option is SOURCE, where you select the physical media from
which to install Slackware.

SOURCE displays a menu offering the choice of installation from CD-ROM, a
hard drive partition, NFS, or a directory (mounted manually).  You'll want
to make sure your Slackware CD-ROM is in your drive, and select the first
option:

Jamie