Does anybody have experience with, or suggestions about external
watchdogs?
 We are having a pesky hardware problem that occasionally freezes a Sun
box, leaving us with the power switch as the one and only control
'device'.
Until that's fixed someone has to get there physically, and flip the
switch.

>From my embedded systems days I remember on-board watchdogs (which we
don't have here), so my idea was find some sort of external device. I am
not sure which kind of I/O and control would be best for a 'nix box but I
can envision a daemon that is activated/deactivated during
init/shutdown(or forced reboot), controlled via serial port, NIC, __?__ ,

Maybe I'll just leave it at that point -- any ideas/experiences ?

 - Horst