Ken Barber wrote:

Folks,

Lane Community College is dipping its toe into the water (so to speak) of teaching Linux classes at the DownTown Center (DTC) near 11th & Willamette.

For summer term, we're offering a "Linux for Newbies" class and a class that is more-or-less a preparation class for the RedHat Certified Engineer certification (but we can't call it that, OK?).

I am teaching both classes.

If you know anyone who could benefit from either class please encourage her/him to sign up. Details are on page 15 of the LCC Summer Class Schedule that probably arrived in your mailbox last week.

I would like LCC to offer more Linux classes but so far the ideas I've pitched haven't sounded interesting enough to the powers-that-be. Among the ideas I've pitched are OpenOffice for M$ Office users, The Gimp, and LTSP for K12 network admins. Anyone who has any other ideas (that you think people would sign up for) please let me know. LCC needs at least five people in a class in order for it to "go."

Thanks,

Ken

Ken ,
Id like more specific info about how steep a learning curve it's going to be in this course.
I'm somewhere between beggining and able intermeadiate.
john