Linux Rocks ! ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

>Anyone familiar with this laptop? Ive found it on sale for $699, looks like a
>pretty decent deal... anyone used it with linux?
>
>Jamie

Did it look like this?  Get more memory.
Looks to me like the modem is the only think you might have trouble with.

Comes pre-installed with Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition.

        The Mobile AMD Athlon XP-M 1600+ Processor features QuantiSpeed™ Architecture
for
rapid execution of applications. It has been designed for extreme performance with
Microsoft® Windows® XP and with the PowerNow!™ Technology you will enjoy extended
battery life.

        The built-in DVD+CD-RW will make watching DVD's or creating your own CD's a
breeze
by eliminating the need for bulky external drives.

        High Speed USB 2.0 accelerates performance. With USB 2.0 you can burn CD's up
to 6x
faster, back up data up to 30x faster, transfer digital photos/MP3's 5x faster and
even watch and record live full-motion video!

        Built-in 56k modem and 10/100 LAN, touchpad scroll buttons streamline web
surfing
and e-mail.

Specs

Processor       AMD Mobile Athlon XP-M 1600+ Processor with PowerNow!™ Technology and
QuantiSpeed™ Architecture
Operating System        Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Display         12.1" XGA TFT
Memory  256 MB DDR
Hard Drive      30GB
Optical         Combo DVD+CD-RW
Communications  56k Modem + 10/100 LAN
Battery         3-Hour Lithium-Ion
Weight  4.3 lbs
Dimensions      10.6" x 9.6" x 1.2"

Downloads

download 3150H product specifications

Description

The AVERATEC 3150H

This ultra portable notebook weighs a mere 4.3 lbs and is only 1.2 inches thin. With
an integrated DVD+CD-RW combo drive it makes mobile computing a breeze by
eliminating the need for heavy external drives.

The AMD Mobile Athlon XP-M 1600+ Processor will bring you ultimate efficiency for
your everyday computing needs. With PowerNow!™ Technology, get optimum performance
while managing battery consumption for extended life. With the use of QuantiSpeed™
Architecture, you will be able to access software applications at rapid speed.

Maximize your performance with Microsoft® Windows® XP Home. With its user friendly
interface you will be able to make the most of your mobile computing experience.
Along with features such as USB 2.0 and integrated DVD+CD-RW the 3150H is the next
generation of portable computing.

AVERATEC 3150H - Mobility made easy!

--
Assured Computing