I'm installing Gentoo  and I've configured the monitor
using XFree86Config and that works.  However I do not
know how to configure a mouse.  I've got an USB
microsoft wheel mouse and it shows up as
/dev/input/mouse0 and also as /dev/input/mice  but
when I give that info to the XF86Config file X just
gets a crazy mouse.  i.e. it jumps all over the
screen, mostly in the upper left.  I figure it's a
protocol or something but the protocol is set to
Microsoft so I'm not sure what more to do.

Thanx for listening

Smitty

=====
What's in your mouth?