I picked up this book (Handbook of Programming
Languages, Vol. III - Little Languages and Tools)
about 3 years ago at a clearance sale at
Books-A-Million for about $5-$10 ($50 cover). I dug it
out this week b/c it has a chapter on Python, which I
am giving another shot after being bullied by Larry,
et. al. about my PERL affinity at this weekend's
presentation.

If you find a cheap copy, you should check it out.
It's a compilation of chapters on various 'little
languages,' basically enough to get you started on
each. Included are (among others):

-Pic
-EQN
-A chapter on domain specific languages
-Unix formatting languages (troff)
-awk
-sed
-SQL
-Tcl/Tk
-Perl
-Python
-Little music languages (i.e. midi)

Pretty unix-centric. Anyhoo, if anyone wants to look
it over, let me know and I can bring it by a meeting
(I'll probably be at tomorrow's).

Jason