On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 02:40:52PM -0800, Cory Petkovsek wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 02:01:54PM -0800, Bob Miller wrote:
> > For a good time...
> >
> >     1. Go to Google.  http://www.google.com/
> >     2. Enter two words: miserable failure
> >     3. Click "I'm Feeling Lucky"
> >
> > Sorry if you've already seen it...
>
> Those words to not appear on the page nor in the source.  Google says
> they cannot change their database records and ranking system.  This is
> not cool.

What's not cool about majority opinion ... especially of those who
understand how to exploit information finding software for fun?

> I'm glad that nutch.org is well under development.

I don't see how this would change things, unless they decide not
to use linking from relevant sites as a factor of relevance, which is,
IMO, why google is so useful.

There are some ethics questions around making certain exceptions for
certain people.

The Bush IT staff could make their own 'miserable failure' come out on
top.  It's a fair game.  Dirty, but fair.

--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>