Bob, the caida analysis repeated refers to a distributed denial-of-service
attack (DDoS) against SCO, but many other parts, and groklaw, refer to a DoS
attack.  It was my understanding that SYN flood attacks are generally not
distributed attacks, although I'm certain they *could* be coordinated...
just that usually only one attacker is needed, with good bandwidth, to
generate a big flood.  Anyone have any clarification on whether this is
truly a DDoS, or technically a DoS??  (thanks)

Now to rip on SCO:  maybe someone should tell them about the great free code
they could steal to protect them from this stuff... it's been around a
while, no?  Apparently, unixware isn't up-to-snuff.

ciao,

   Ben

PS - thanks for posting this -- I was following the groklaw banter
yesterday, and discussing it with co-workers.

--
just me, "Ben".